An articulated hauler is one of the most versatile piece of equipment which is a transition between a tractor-trailer and an articulated loader. The strength of an articulated hauler lies in the coupling and drive systems. Power and drive sections moves independently of the load section due to the coupling system. The two sections are attached together through an oscillating system which allows the two units to move in a rolling motion around its centerline.
Articulated haulers have good load carrying capacity and its body is wide and open to facilitate loading from excavators and wheel loaders. They are also very maneuverable to load from fixed loading facilities.
An articulated hauler is easy to operate machine. It is very useful in operating in rough terrain and is applicable in the following areas :
- Loading and unloading of materials.
- Bringing the materials to construction sites.
- Helpful in road construction.
- Helps in bringing materials for the construction of runways of airports.
- Useful in various landfill operations.
- Articulated haulers are also used to move large volumes of material without access to roads in earthmoving, quarrying, mining, forestry etc.